Drum&Bass Arena Future DJ Competition in Association with Glade Festival
Yes, you’ve read every single word of that correctly:
Your favourite drum & bass site
Your favourite festival
And a chance for YOU to take your DJing to the future!
Next Level: Glade takes place between June 14-17 2012 and will attract thousands of ravers! This will be the best thing that’s ever happened to you as a DJ so far…
Not only that, but you’ll also get to spin the opening set at the famous D&BTV Live studios.
What you have to do…
Fix up and look sharp. You’ve got 20 minutes to impress…so give us the skills!
Double-dropping, rolling, rocking, tempo-shocking, scratching, maxing, FX blasting… Whatever it is you do to make your personality and dedication to DJ craft come through, do it. And do it today.
Do not sleep on this: The best seven entries will be invited by The Risky to prove their style live on the opening slot on D&BTV Live, one-per-week from as early as March 28th
After the seven week showcase the mixes will be open for public judging on YouTube…
The best three will go head to head in the ultimate hour-each DJ face off on May 9th where the public will decide just who will be Drum&Bass Arena’s Future DJ at the mighty Glade Festival!
The first round is less than two weeks away and the ultimate entry deadline is Friday 13thApril. Lucky for some…
For full details and rules please see below:
Please note: this competition is for over 18s only.
How to enter:
- Submit a 20 minute drum & bass mix to Soundcloud.
- Name your mix “D&BTV x Glade Festival Future DJ Competition Mix”.
- Include your tracklist
- Tag your mix ‘D&BAGladeFutureDJ’. If you fail to tag it correctly, your mix may be missed.
- 7 of the best mixes will be selected to come into the D&BTV studios to play the opening set on a D&BTV live show – one per week. D&BA’s The Risky will be selecting the winner based on tune selection, flow and technical skill.
- Once all selected entries have played on D&BTV, the live sets will be posted on YouTube for a public vote. Top three will be selected based on the number of likes (dislikes will be disregarded)
- The final stage will involve the top three playing a one hour set each Live on D&BTV followed by a headliner closing the show. During the final hour a live vote will take place and winner will be chosen by the public and announced at the end of the show
- The Risky will be judging the first stage of the competition and listening out for the highest quality tune selection, flow and technical skill.
- Entrants will also be judged on factors including, but not limited to, number of plays, favourites, positive feedback, originality and technical ability.
- The second stage will be based on the number of likes on youtube by the public
- The final stage will be judged by a public vote on the final show.
- Get promoting your mixes! Remember to make the most of the D&BA forum, Facebook page, Twitter and SoundClouds integration with social networks.
- Play the opening set on D&BTV Live
- The opportunity to play a set in the Rinseout Arena at Glade Festival 2012.
- Your mix featured on breakbeat.co.uk
* All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date. D&BA reserves the right to extend this deadline